Activation before leaving Pakistan
Customers simply need to call the Jazz Helpline at 111 and have their IR activated*.
*Conditions apply. Please refer to FAQs for details.
Data and Roaming Cost-Saving Tips
- International data costs can hit your travel budget hard. They increase when abroad and data provided with your monthly subscription plan does not include international data roaming.
- Make sure that none of your apps will override your data roaming settings and turn your data back on.
- Use Wi-Fi hotspots when available. Many airports and hotels have free Wi-Fi.
- If you do want to access the Internet or GPS outside of Wi-Fi hotspots, turn data roaming on only when you are using it.
- Switch off all free services that you subscribe to. Certain GPRS based applications viz. GPS, Facebook, Twitter, Widgets, RSS Feeds, Email, weather updates, News, Blackberry Messenger or any other instant messaging application etc. as they continuously consume data bandwidth leading to high Data-Roaming charges even when you are not using the same. This is applicable to smart phones and high-end GPRS capable handsets whose software poll (communicate with) the home network continuously.
- Check status of your call forwarding to ensure you cancel all call forwards before you travel abroad.
- You may want to review/cancel any call diverts that you may have activated as there will be two-way Roaming charging on Voicemail services and on conditional call forwarding while roaming.
Turning Off Your Data Settings
Turn off your data services if you don’t want to use them overseas. See how to do this for your phone below.
Delete ALL APN Settings:
- Go to Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network>
- Delete the content from the APN field – press Network
- Turn off Data Roaming
- Turn off Cellular Data
Delete ALL APN Settings:
- Go to Menu> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Mobile Network>
- Open Access Point Names (APN)
- Open APN
- Go to Menu > Delete APN
- Repeat for all APNs
- Go to Menu> Manage Connections> Mobile Network Options>
- Ensure that Data Services ‘While Roaming’ is turned off or turn ALL DATA services off
- Please note: BlackBerry Smartphone services once subscribed are only free while in Malawi. They will be charged for while roaming. These include BBM (charged as per SMS), email (charged as data download) and any other special services.
Do you have a different phone? Please look at your phone’s manual to see how to turn off data settings. If you’re still having trouble or you’d like more info, call us at our helpline and we’ll gladly help you out.
To recharge while roaming:
Jazz Load, Jazz Share (*100*9230XXXXXXXX*Amount#), Balance Inquiry (*111#) and Balance Charging through USSD (*123*14DigitCode# and press SEND) all work while on roaming